Life Changing Bread
A clean and delicious sweet or savoury bread alternative
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2/3 cup LSA (linseed, sunflower and almond meal) mix
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp psyllium husk powder
- 1 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 1 tbsp honey (for sugar free diets, use a pinch of stevia)
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil or ghee
- Cinnamon to taste (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups water / 350mls
Grease and line a ceramic or glass loaf tin.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a separate bowl, stirring well. Whisk honey, oil and water together in a measuring cup or jug. Add this to the dry ingredients and mix very until everything is completely soaked and dough becomes very thick (if the dough is too thick to stir, add one or two teaspoons of water until the dough is manageable). Pour into dish and smooth out the top with the back of a spoon. Let this sit out on the counter for at least two hours, all day or even overnight.
- Place the loaf pan in the oven on the middle rack, and bake for 20-30 minutes. Remove bread from loaf pan, place it upside down directly on the rack for another 30-40 minutes. Bread is done when it sounds hollow in the middle. Let cool completely before slicing (difficult but important).
- Store bread in a tightly sealed container for up to five days. Freezes well too – slice before freezing for quick and easy toast.
Suggestions: Add chopped fruit for a sweet bread.
“I love the flexibility and supportive community, and the fact that I get to be present as a mum and still have my own income”