Rocky Road Superfood Bars
These babies are so versatile, throw in your fav nuts, seeds or berries and edible essential oil to make your own bars.
- 2/3 cup raw cacao powder OR 100% cacao buttons/liquor, melted (this option makes the dreamiest raw chocolate)
- 2/3 cup coconut oil or cacao butter, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or raw honey, or to taste
- 1/2 cup coconut, shredded or chips, lightly toasted if desired
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds or preferred nut
- 1/2 cup activated buckwheat or oats
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries or preferred berry- goji berries work well too.
- Melt the butters and oils together over gentle heat- a Thermomix works well if you have one.
- Whisk or blend in sweetener and cacao powder.
- Toast coconut and nuts lightly if desired.
- Gently fold remaining Ingredients through.
- Pour into a loaf tin lined with baking paper.
- Set in the freezer.
- Add 1/3 cup of your fav nut butter
- Always sweeten and flavour with chocolate to desired taste
- Cacao butter and Liquor (100% chocolate) are a splurge but make the best raw chocolate that stays set at room temp. Coconut oil and raw cacao powder are easier to find and a cheaper option that still works well.
- Activated buckwheat gives the most delicious crunchy texture
- Add a twist with a little pure orange oil
- Your Juice Plus fruit chews are a fun addition!
“I love the flexibility and supportive community, and the fact that I get to be present as a mum and still have my own income”