Hassleback Sweet Potatoes
The perfect hearty side dish
Desired number of sweet potatoes
- Clean the potatoes well and cut off the ends, then slice the potatoes thinly but not all the way through (use chopsticks to help as a guide).
- Drizzle well with garlic olive oil, coconut oil or melted ghee and season really well.
- Bake at 200C until soft on the inside and crispy on the outside. Drizzle with a little honey (optional).
- Hand chop a pesto of sorts – basil leaves, activated pecans, garlic olive oil, 1/4 clove grated garlic, lemon zest and juice, salt flakes, parmesan or nutritional yeast to taste.
- Serve topped with pesto and a large side salad.
“I love the flexibility and supportive community, and the fact that I get to be present as a mum and still have my own income”