Yummy on the lips, and kind on the hips
- 1 cup soaked raw cashews
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup (60mls) melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 two vanilla bean extract
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 2/3 cup cashew or peanut butter
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- Pinch of pink salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Chopped roasted nuts of choice
- 200g dark chocolate melted (the darker the healthier it is, try 70% or 85%
- Line a 20cm container with baking paper.
- Blend all nougat ingredients (except almond meal) in a high speed blender until as smooth as possible.
- Add almond meal and blend until just combined. Spread the mixture over the base of the container and set in the freezer.
- To make caramel – blend ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth. Spread half of the caramel over the nougat, sprinkle the chopped nuts over and press into the caramel on top, then spread remaining caramel. Freeze until set.
- Prepare chocolate coating.
- Remove slice from freezer and cut into bars. Coat in melted chocolate and place on a tray and once again set in the freezer.
“I love the flexibility and supportive community, and the fact that I get to be present as a mum and still have my own income”